Role at a Glance
company’s Software Architect will drive the design and execution of architecture for our technical solutions and improvements. The Software Architect works closely with the software engineering team and our product team to promote best practices, which assure code and architecture quality, control technical debt, improve code reviews, and promote collaboration. Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality products in a fast-paced agile environment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead high-level decision-making for software development and oversee the “big picture” software architecture.
- Design and communicate the application architecture required to support across multiple teams and systems.
- Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed.
- Serve as the technical leader and individual contributor by providing collaboration, direction, and assistance to development teams in data modeling, technical design, and development as needed.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of company architectural principles, policies, best practices, and standards.
- Drive best practices for scaling, observability, reliability, and security.
- Mentor and educate other team members to help improve their skills and elevate the software organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Proven dedication to aligning architectural efforts to business objectives.
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Experience or knowledge of CQRS and event-sourcing
- Expertise in agile development, including continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Deep understanding of message queueing technologies such as RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka
- Deep understanding of databases, interfaces, and applications
- Customer or client-facing experience
- Experience leading development teams.
- Experience with project management.
- Must have exceptional analytical skills and strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Active interest in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other digital currencies & the blockchain
- Ownership of one or more digital currencies
- Familiarity with the workings of one or more cryptocurrencies
- Programmed smart contracts
- Deployed 1 or more Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other crypto network nodes
- Salary + competitive equity in a high growth-stage startup
- Stock Options
- Health Insurance
- Flexible and Generous PTO (vacations)
- Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team
- Mentorship, learning & education programs
- Smart, motivated team that likes to have fun
- Mission-driven culture, where your work matters